Pipa Social is a creative hub for talented people who live in low-income communities, with a focus on establishing professional connections and promoting social inclusion.
To invest in a Talent Bank of entrepreneurs working in the fields of art, crafts and fashion, help them achieve professional qualifications, improve their ability to find work and generate income, provide exclusive consultancy services.
WHO WE ARE
Pipa Social is an innovative Third Sector approach to transforming low income areas of Rio de Janeiro, by mentoring entrepreneurs and helping them earn professional qualifications. This in turn strengthens families and the communities in which they live.
You can know more at: https://nacoesunidas.org/pos2015/agenda2030/
“We wish to be a benchmark for social inclusion projects that narrow the gulf between the city and the favela, by transforming the lives of people that live in low income communities.”
Helena Rocha – Director of Pipa Social
Investing in Human Capital is the best way to reduce social inequality.
There are hundreds of training courses in Rio de Janeiro, but only a small minority of the people that pass through them are able to market their skills effectively.
What’s missing? The final step.
Training is not enough. In order to succeed, artisans must become professionals, with an eye for the market and the experience to respond to its demands. This is easier said than done. People who live in the favela don’t have the social capital they need to gain entry. It can be hard to find opportunities for even the most dedicated entrepreneurs.
For these people, no matter how talented, the market is tantalisingly out of reach - hard to enter and even harder to remain in long term. Even when they are well-trained, its difficult for them to show their work to the people who matter, in the city.
OUR 3 PILLARS
Creation of employment and generation of income.
We provide opportunities to create products in consultation with our designers, to develop, perfect and manufacture these products to the highest standards, for sale on the national and international market.
We promote knowledge of fashion, culture and the arts by arranging exchanges, meetings and seminars, hosted at our atelier, where established professionals offer advice, mentoring and work opportunities. We put artisans face to face with the market.
Co-operation and Registration
We stimulate and strengthen economic and social co-operation in the favela, by encouraging the development of professional associations that promote citizenship.
We are constantly searching for talented people in low income communities. We encourage their professional development, to develop products that draw on their unique inspiration and ensure that they are finished to the highest standards. Our collections draw on the individual expertise of each of our designers. This interaction provides them with a point of entry in the market, where we publicise and sell their products.
Pipa Social’s clothes and accessories are ethical fashion items. By that we mean that they are produced in a manner that respects people and the environment, and that draws on the wisdom and culture of Rio de Janeiro’s favelas for inspiration. By buying a Pipa Social product, you are promoting the professional development of artists, artisans and seamstresses. Help us launch another kite into the air!
We accept commissions for corporate projects, decorative displays, home furnishing, shop windows etc. Our team is ready to create and manufacture a diverse range of personalised products, tailored to your unique requirements.
HOW TO HELP
You collaborate regularly
with ower Projetc.
Contribute monthly with a production grant for one of our craftsmen and seamstresses to make stage in our studio. So they have a profession and with it the formal labor market.
Office supplies and crafts, fabrics, accessories, equipment, computers, sewing machines etc.
Help with your expertise: fashion consulting, marketing, management, media relations, several works.
Dedicate part of your time to our work in person.
The more people know the Pipa, the higher it flies!
Firmamos parcerias fundamentais para a continuidade de nosso trabalho social:
· Instituto Phi - financia as bolsas de produção para artesãs e costureiras;
· La Estampa e Kalimo (indústria têxtil) - doação de tecidos;
· Embaixada da Austrália - doação de máquinas de costura através de Edital;
· Euro Fios e Fios Ideal - doação de barbantes e fios ecológicos, fios de costura, crochê e bordado.
· Atados – ações sociais e voluntariado
· Sociomotiva - voluntariado
· Doare – depósito online para financiadores da Pipa
· Casa de Cultura Mordechai Anilevich – Aluguel do ateliê da Pipa
· Australian Aid
Serviços pro-bono – colaboração imprescindível para o sucesso da Pipa Social:
· Staff Brasil - agência de propaganda que cuida da parte de publicidade da Pipa;
· Bezerra de Melo Advocacia - parte jurídica da instituição;
· Roger Bauk – criação e manutenção do website e a logomarca da Pipa Social;
· Instituto Gênesis – PEIEX – Consultoria para exportação de produtos
· Roberta Portella &Advogados - parte jurídica internacional
· SEBRAE – auxilia na formalização das artesãs
· Flow - Bijuterias
· Felicis - Camisetas e vestidos
· Nuvem - Tapetes de crochê
· Adlibitum - Roupa feminina e almofadas de decoração
· Embaixada da Austrália - Bolsas para evento Austrália Now
· Cofiwear - Calças masculinas;
· Lá na Ladeira -Sousplats;
· Girouette - Produtos infantis
· Baby Mais - Kit bolsa/ tapetinho/ trocador, trocadores de fraldas;
· Pat. O - Peças de vestuário feminino;
· Najat - Roupa feminina
· Sea of Joy - Capas de prancha de surf
+55. 21. 2527.7720